Hair Treatments to Get Rid of Head Lice
There are a few things you can do to get rid of head lice. The most common methods are using a special shampoo or conditioner, or using a fine-toothed comb. If these methods don’t work, you can get a professional lice treatment.
To get rid of lice, you need to know their common symptoms. Head lice generally live in the hair on the head. They feed on human blood, and cause itching and irritation.
To identify head lice, look for the following signs:
1. The hair is greasy and covered in lice eggs
2. There are lice on the scalp, behind the ears, or behind the eyes
3. There is a lot of scratching involved in the lice life cycle
If you suspect you have head lice, here are some tips for getting rid of them:
1. Shampoo your hair with a special head lice shampoo or conditioner. Be sure to use enough soap to cover the hair. Rinse the shampoo out thoroughly.
2. Comb your hair thoroughly, using a fine-toothed comb. Be sure to get all of the lice eggs and nits.
3. Apply an over-the-counter anti-lice treatment, such as permethrin or pyrethrum, to your hair and scalp. Leave the treatment on for at least one hour.
4. Repeat these steps until you no longer see any lice or eggs on your hair or scalp.
Showing 1–30 of 50 results